Bridgewater, NS – At the South Shore Regional School Board Annual General Meeting, held on Wednesday, November 14th 2012, the new eight member Governing Board was sworn in / affirmed and elected their Chair and Vice Chair.
For both the Chair and Vice Chair positions there was competition resulting in a vote. Jennifer Naugler, Board Member for District 4, was elected as Board Chair; Elliott Payzant, Board Member for District 1, was elected as Vice Chair. The Governing Board is made up of almost entirely new Board Members with the exception of returning Board Member Elliott Payzant.
“I am very excited and honoured to be the Chair of the South Shore Regional School Board,” said Jennifer Naugler. “It is going to be an exciting year with lots of challenges and opportunities. I look forward to working with Vice Chair Payzant and my fellow Board Members. I am confident this is a strong group of individuals who are dedicated to serving the students and families of the entire South Shore.”
The new eight member Governing Board:
- District 1 – Elliott Payzant, Vice Chair
- District 2 – Elizabeth Crossland
- District 3 – Cheryl Fougere
- District 4 – Jennifer Naugler, Chair
- District 5 – Elmer Garber
- District 6 – Theresa Griffin
- African Nova Scotian Representative – Vernon Simms
- First Nations Representative (appointed) – Charmaine Stevens
For more information, contact:
Trish Smith, Communications Manager