Twenty-two awards can be given annually:
- Two within each Regional Centre for Education (RCE) and Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP),
- Two in the Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey (MK) board, and
- Two African Nova Scotian students from across the province.
We recognize Nova Scotia’s rich diversity and strive to reflect it in the selection process.
- One will be an individual student award, and the other will be a team award for two or more people.
- An additional two awards can be given if a student is a successful applicant who is homeschooled or enrolled in a private school.
- Homeschooled students have to be registered with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD).
To be nominated, one must be a registered student in Nova Scotia and enrolled in a grade from Primary to 12.
The nomination deadline is Friday, February 24th, 2023; and the Lieutenant Governor will present the awards on Thursday, April 6th, 2023.
This is a great opportunity for students to be recognized for their dedicated leadership. Please see the information below.
- Award Criteria
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual Student Nomination & Reference Form
- Team Nomination & Reference Form
Any additional questions can be sent to Leigh Daniels at (902) 424-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).