SSRCE is pleased to implement busing for eligible children attending the Pre-Primary programs within our region, helping more families to access the Pre-Primary programs. We have begun preparations to allow for the safe transport of these children to their enrolled site. Transportation will be phased in, with a goal of having all eligible students transported by September 2020. Busing will be added as follows:
- All children enrolled in Pre-Primary at North Queens, Hebbville Academy, New Germany Elementary, New Ross Consolidated, Newcombville Elementary, Pentz Elementary, Petite Riviere Elementary, and West Northfield Elementary can be transported.
- All parents and guardians who have children currently registered at these sites will receive information about bus stops and times, parent responsibility, contact information, and training sessions on requirements. Parents are not required to re-register currently enrolled children.
- Students who are not enrolled may register at the relevant school or click here https://ssrce.ca/pre-primary-program/
- All inquiries for transportation at these locations should be directed to the SSRCE Transportation Department at 902-541-8252.
- Limited seats may be available for pre-primary programs at Aspotogan Consolidated Elementary, Bayview Community School, and Chester District Elementary.
- Parents / guardians who wish to be placed on a waiting list for available seats should contact SSRCE Transportation Department at 902-541-8252. Seats are subject to availability by route.
- As seats become available, parents and guardians will be contacted with information and training will be arranged as necessary.
- Currently, there are no available seats for pre-primary programs at Bridgewater Elementary, Dr. JC Wickwire Academy, and Lunenburg Academy. The SSRCE transportation department is developing a plan for busing of these students beginning September 2020. Notifications will occur when a plan for transportation is in place.
We are working diligently to safely bus these children to their site. If there is a concern or a question, please call SSRCE Transportation Department at 902-541-8252.
Click on the links below for more information: