Dear Staff and Families,
The tentative agreement reached with NSGEU Local 70 has been ratified.
This means that employees represented by NSGEU Local 70 will return to work tomorrow, Thursday, November 10th.
All services and support will resume tomorrow (November 10). We are happy to welcome back to school pre-primary learners.
The care and support our instructional support staff provide is vital to the students, families, and staff they interact with each school day. We look forward to working together for students once again as we welcome them back tomorrow.
As a reminder, instructional support staff represented by NSGEU Local 70 are:
- Early Childhood Educators (ECEs)
- Administrative Assistants
- SchoolsPlus Community Outreach Workers
- Student Support Workers (SSWs)
- Information Technology Support Specialists (ITSS)
- Various finance, procurement, administrative and transportation
We know this labour disruption has been challenging for students, families, staff, and school communities. Thank you for your patience over the past few weeks.
Regional Executive Director