Premier Stephen McNeil announced this afternoon that all public schools in Nova Scotia will remain closed and that learning for this year will wrap up on June 5. Teachers will continue to work remotely after June 5 to complete assessments and other tasks. More information will be provided when available. To read the news release click here.
Sincere thanks and appreciation for everything you are doing at home to support the learning of students. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adjust to our current circumstances. We know this has not been easy and I encourage you to stay in close contact with your teachers and your school administrators. And remember, SSRCE staff are here to help and support.
Items to remember:
- Students in grades primary – 9 will receive a term two report card by mid-May. These report cards will be emailed to parents and reflect work that would have been completed up to March 13. Schools will also be in contact with families if an email option is not available.
- Students in Grades 10 – 12 will receive interim grades posted in PowerSchool by May 14, 2020.
- All students will receive an end of the year report card.
- Students following an Individual Program Plan will continue to be assessed based on their individual outcomes.
- Students who are on-track to graduate will graduate and students who are on-track to proceed to their next grade level will move to their next grade on time.
- Teachers and schools will work with students to improve their marks during the pandemic.
- High school students will be assessed and evaluated on modified coursework that is completed to the best of their ability.
Our focus will continue to be on supporting our students’ learning, well-being, and overall success. Please take care of yourselves, families, and neighbours; and continue to follow all of the public health COVID-19 protocols. Accurate, up-to-date information, handwashing posters, and fact sheets can be found at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus. The SSRCE Regional Office will remain closed to the public, with most staff working remotely. Please call 902-543-2468 or 1-888-252-2217 where you will be directed to the appropriate staff member. Please continue to check the SSRCE website for information and updates.
Please stay safe & stay well,
Regional Executive Director
South Shore Regional Centre for Education